You don’t have to be an expert in geopolitics, just interested in the world at large, to be part of the World Affairs Council. PAWAC is simply a community of people on a shared journey to expand our global horizons.
Not sure if membership is right for you? Scroll down for an interactive quiz that will show what qualities you share with PAWAC members.
Membership at any level has its benefits. The World Affairs Council is a registered 501c(3) nonprofit that is nonpartisan and open to all.
- Membership at levels over $45 for an individual or $70 for a family are considered tax-deductible donations; consult your tax advisor.
|Student (ID required)
|Family (same address)
Benefits of Membership
Trusted, Prestigious “World Affairs Council” Brand
- Convening power: 100-year tradition
- Recognized nationally and internationally by politicians, top policy makers, civic leaders, diplomats and foreign governments, think tanks, business and NGO executives and associations, authors, leading academics, and journalists – and speakers
- FREE virtual programs (For now, that's ALL our programming, and in normal times, that's World Affairs Friday each week and Global Peoria twice a month.)
- Receptions with Distinguished Speakers and opportunity for interaction with global experts: Access to diplomats, global decision-makers, leading journalists, and thought leaders.
- International travel opportunities with groups of other Council members led by country experts: Trips curated for seasoned travelers and foreign policy enthusiasts
- Great Decisions series from Foreign Policy Association: America’s largest discussion program on world affairs. Intended for adult learners, it can be adapted for high school and college groups.
- PAWAC Reads! Book Club meets quarterly and covers what members want to know more about: Read more about the book club under Programs and see a list of past titles.
- WACA's new Ambassadors Series, Embassy Row Live! Conversations That Bring Diplomacy Directly to You.
- Daily Chatter, award-winning global news digest: “The world in 2 minutes” each morning with nonpartisan international content
- What in the World? Weekly global trivia quiz for those who enjoy testing their knowledge of the world in friendly competition
- Discussions with authors of notable books in Cover to Cover monthly conference calls and podcasts
- Educators Circle and a growing list of resources for teachers, parents, and students
Discounts & Eligibility
- Members-only pricing on every in-person local event, including 3rd Thursday Distinguished speaker series with optional catered dinners
- Publications discounts on periodicals: Foreign Affairs, The Economist, The New Yorker, The Foreign Service Journal, Brookings Institution, and more
- National conference in Washington, DC: 3-4 days of high-quality programming from top-level government officials and diplomats, visits to think tanks, and embassy receptions
- Eligibility for leadership missions abroad for active members and Council leaders: Behind-the-scenes access and follow-up opportunities
- Qualification for the 1918 Society, the VIP membership category with its own exclusive benefits and access: Named for the founding date of the first Council, the Foreign Policy Association, by John Foster Dulles, Eleanor Roosevelt, and others
Perks to Enjoy
- Shared community and intelligent conversation: Opportunities to make new friends with people who have similar interests
- Respectful, informed, nonpartisan dialogue that’s increasingly rare these days: Truly independent, in-depth, elevated discussion that will keep your mind active at any age
- A chance to do your part on both a local and a global basis to increase mutual understanding of the world and its issues: Engage in social responsibility, community collaboration, and volunteer opportunities
- A go-to source for trusted, topical information: Go beyond what’s in the headlines to directly engage with a huge variety of highly vetted and respected content available to the WACA network
- Extras at higher membership levels: Merch like RFID wallets, luggage tags, international notecards, and more, to say thank you!